Life is full of craziness. So amidst the craziness, take a little time to give yourself a happiness boost. ♥
1. Work out. I know that it sounds counterproductive, but trust me- it will make you feel better once you get past the exhaustion. And remember, to quote the wonderful Elle Woods- “Exercise releases endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don’t kill their husbands.” Hahaha…. Exercise, folks. Give your self-control a boost.
2. Write. Anything you want- just write. Write a journal entry, a poem, even an Instagram caption. Just get some words off your chest. You’ll feel lighter.
3. Drink some water. You’re probably dehydrated and don’t even know it. Water will make you feel better, I promise.
4. Do something special for your appearance. Whether that’s putting on your favorite pants or a swipe of bright sweater, when you feel like you look nice, you’ll be more confident and ready to take on the world. Just remember, you look great no matter what.
5. Text someone you love. Think of a person who always brightens your day, and talk to them. You need people in your life who will bring you up when you’re down.
6. Listen to your favorite song. Music is proven to lift your mood, and having a song that you like stuck in your head will make you happier.
7. Get something done, no matter how small. Knocking something off of your to-do list will life a burden off of your shoulders, no matter how tiny of a task. Feeling productive will oftentimes motivate you to do something else, and clear your mind even more.
8. Splurge on a treat. For a minute, stop worrying about how unhealthy that cinnamon roll is, and just enjoy it. Treat yo self.
9. Jot down ten things that you’re thankful for. It’s cliche, but it will make you happier.
10. Take a breath. Do something you love. You’ve got this.
Every day isn’t going to be perfect, or even filled with quite as many beautiful little things as yesterday was. But good things are there, even when you have to look a little harder for them. A funny conversation. A smile. A Pinterest quote. A random text that brightens your mood. A piece of chocolate. A flower. A sunset. Etc.