One of my favorite ever things is stationery. I like buying it, I like looking at it, I like arranging it nicely on my desk and taking pictures of it.
Pens, pencils, and papers- will I ever get enough?
It’s been a few years since I was at university so I don’t have a reason to buy stationery at this time of the year. However, I still love stationery and keep buying it anyway. For some reason, I love collecting notebooks even though most of them are left empty and unwritten. Some products are quite pricey but if you catch them on sale, they’re fairly reasonable.
I am a stationery addict because…
- …in the age of instant electronic gratification, there is nothing nicer – or more mindful – than sending or receiving a pretty piece of paper with a sentiment that may make you laugh, make you smile, make you feel better or just generally brighten your day. It’s someone’s way of saying, ‘hey! I thought about you and took a little extra time today to say’.
- …it enables me to be an individual through my design and illustrative choices and to personalize my message.
- …well, what is there not to love? Lots of pretty patterns, colors, designs, illustrations, effects…need I go on?
- …it keeps me quiet!
- …it’s an ideal gift for just about anyone
- …it can be beautiful, sexy, elegant, classical, funky and fun!
- …I just can’t help it, ‘cos I’m a complete, self-confessed stationery junkie (probably what you want in the owner of a stationery business!)
I LOVE stationery, always have done, whether it’s designed for adults or kids I’m there. I like it fun and bright, stylish and useful, mostly I like to to be functional. I find it can make a big difference to my day, to the work I do, to the way I feel, even how productive I am.
Even in this primarily digital age, when it comes down to it I wouldn’t be able to get by without pen and paper. I get excited when I find a new stationery shop, I love to get something new and I hate to have anything remotely bland and boring when I know there is better out there.
So when I’m taking quick notes, or running through complex calculations or just doodling to pass the time I like to do it with something that is mine, something that is cute and something that will make me smile. See stationery covers many shapes and forms and despite this digital age it’s still important, if you want to win me over, you’ll do it with stationery.
I’m sure I’m not the only one that loves pretty stationery. Let me know if you do too and what’s your favorite place to get them. I’ve seen so many beautiful stationery lately and I wish I can get them all.
I hope you liked today’s post and have an amazing weekend!