Dear God, I just don’t understand. You have given me 24 hours in a day. How is it that my life doesn’t seem to fit into this day. I know that You don’t make mistakes and You have given me 24 hours for a reason. Where am I going wrong?
Sometimes life can get so busy. Overcrowded and our round the clock schedules can prove to become so demanding and taxing on our lives. At times it may not even be that we are physically doing many things; it is more that our minds are so rammed with multiple things competing to be the centre of attention. My attention is drawn to the many thing that are going on around me and the things that I need to do. It can be very frustating thing!
At times, I have woken up and immediately begun to think about the million and one things that need to be done in that day and do you know what the instant feeling and reaction is? WORRY, DISTRACTION AND A SENSE OF URGENCY TO BEAT THE CLOCK. Thinking alone can sometimes make me tired and when I get to this stage I realise that it is really time to pull away from all of the to do lists and plug back into the things that boost my mood. I am not even a mother yet and the pace of my life at times is shocking. I wonder what I would do once I have a children! LOL
Life can become too busy and I have realised that there will always be things that seek to compete for my time.
I believe that we would also agree that on most days, life just happens. From the moment we wake up to the moment that we fall asleep we are on a treadmill running, not even knowing where the time disappears to. There have been many days where I have been reduced to tears and succumbed to the toughts of my life being a total failure because I could not fit all the activities that I had planned into 24 hours.
However I know that it is not always easy, and so I need to intentionally make time for it and get away. I thought I would share some of the things that I do with you.
1. Dinner dates, lunch dates, coffee sometimes it is nice to get away to a different environment with my journal, headphones and music and just write. Its so beautiful and resfreshing. Don’t forget to eat yummy good food. By good food I mean something scrumtious but healthy that gives you energy.
2. Personal retreats. Take yourself away for a few days. It is beautiful and can be a great opportunity for healing in many areas and further revelation or understanding.
3. Early morning journaling. There is something about the early morning that does it for me. Everything is still asleep or just waking including myself and I feel more of a vulnerability and sensitivity at that time.
4. Go outside. Get out of the house and go for a walk. A little fresh air really can do wonders.
5. Unplug. Set yourself a time frame it can be 5 minutes or an hour where you disconnect from technology. I usually time this with my walk everyday leaving all technology at home. At first I felt lost, but now it’s lovely to leave it all locked away at home for a little while.
6. Do what you love. No, I don’t mean in life, with your career and what not because sometimes that may not be possible right now, at this minute. I mean something like watching tv or reading a magazine. Eating a piece of cake or playing with your cat. Just do something that makes your heart happy.
I would love to hear what you also do to unplug from the world?